Wednesday, February 6, 2008

To eat meat or not eat meat, that is the question.

Today, after much careful contemplation, I finally have determined my stance on how to eat meat. After 12 years of not eating pigs, chickens, cows and the like, I am suddenly craving protein. My first impulse came a couple of weeks ago when I almost ordered rabbit. I then sampled oxtail and squid in polenta for an appetizer and now its all I can think about. After talking to my friend today, I decided to call my new plan foraging/hunter-gatherer. i.e. I am still not interested in ordering a burger from a cow that grew up on an industrial farm or a breaded chicken tender but rather, I will eat gamey type creatures that run wild. He pointed out that oxen dont run wild in the forest, have their tails surgically removed and get set free again but I am still working on the details. Bacon still smells super delicious and I want to eat that but not pork tenderloin, that just sounds gross. And, just like a sign, my salad at lunch today had a small twig in it. He said the sushi restaurant we ordered from in NYC must be foraging their lettuce now.

2 comments:

EJ said...

Huh, not sure what to think of this as of yet.

EJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.